6 Feb 2015

My Experience with Sephora Sydney

Sephora on Pitt St Mall in Sydney

For the last 5 days I've been down in Sydney for my "Christmas Holiday" as I worked over the Christmas break. Of course my main thought was "Oh, Sephora's in Sydney!", and magically on my first day there I found my way to Sephora. I walked all the way from our hotel in Darlinghurst to Pitt St Mall by working my way towards the Sydney Tower, the one that has the giant Westfield sign on it. When I saw it I could not wipe the giant grin off my face and my poor boyfriend was like "Oh god, what?" he hates when I drag him into a makeup store. But he let me spend as long as I wanted in there (on his phone on Facebook but that's fine by me :) ) I'm glad to report as how often am I going to fly to Sydney. I went back on my second last day to shop some more! Any way onto the good stuff.

So first off I didn't realise it was two storeys!  OMG! Makeup, nails and perfume downstairs, skin and hair care upstairs. Also the registers are upstairs so they make you see the whole shop before you check out. Now I have nothing to compare this experience to as I've never been to an American Sephora but I'll go over general feel of the store.  I was surprised to learn that they did not have Urban Decay in the store but maybe this is due to Mecca Maxima jut announcing their bringing Urban Decay to us? who knows? So without that specific brand my shopping list opened up a little. Here are a few makeup brands I did see in Sephora.

  • Kat Von D
  • Becca
  • Anastasia Beverley Hills
  • It Cosmetics
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics
  • OPI
  • Formula X
  • Giorgio Armani
  • Marc Jacobs Beauty
  • Makeup Forever
  • Sephora Collection
  • Benefit
  • Bite Beauty
  • Tarte
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics
  • Cover FX
  • Elizabeth and James

There is probably a few more but that is what I remember right now.

The staff there are super helpful, when you can grab one. No matter what time of day I went in (I went to Sephora maybe 4 or 5 times : s ) it was always packed! But they are more than happy to answer questions, colour match and tell you product benefits and the best way to apply them.

On to what I bought. I'm going to list what I purchased as well as the Australian price in ($) dollars so you can see how it measures up to other Sephora stores. 

    1. Coast To Coast Pore Purifying Green Clay Mask. (Sephora Aus Exclusive) $25.00
    2. Glasshouse Candle (small) in Rio De Janeiro $19.00 
    3. Sephora Collection 2 in 1 Kabuki Flex Brush $13.00
    4. Sephora Collection Uniform Complexion Powder Brush $21.00
    5. Sephora Collection Must-Have Angled Liner Brush $ 19.00
    6. Benefit BeneBalm $26.00
    7. Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Wolvesmouth $31.00
    8. Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation in shade Light 44 $49.00
    9. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper $28.00
    10. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Jeffree $30.00
    11. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bachelorette $30.00
    12. Kat Von D Eye Shadow Palette in Monarch $65.00
    13. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Exposed $42.00
    14. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Achiote $42.00
    15. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Glisten $42.00
    16. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone $60.00
    17. Sephora Collection Rouge Shine Lipstick in No08 $17.00
    18. MUFE Aqua Cream in Black $36.00 (Bought as a gift)
The layout of the store is easy to understand but the only bummer is that so many products are out of stock! They have been open for at least two month by now they should have their stock levels sorted you would hope. Be sure you save time to check out all the small products they have in the line for the check outs. Some really cute and awesome stuff in there!

Overall I had a great experience and am eager to go back again (When I can afford the plane fare) . The vibe within the store is one of excitement but crowded excitement, you just can't move sometimes! I just wish the prices were a bit lower, we get so gouged here is Aus. I hope you can go check out this Sephora soon! 
Sephora trip 1. Kat Von D
Sephora Trip 2 and 3. 
Makeup haul from Sydney, mainly Sephora though.

In between blogging you can find me on Facebook and Instagram,

Leave me any questions on comments below.

Until next time beauties,

Shannon.
These thoughts and opinions are completely my own, This post is not sponsored, nor were these products provided to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment