14 Dec 2014

Product Fails


There comes a time in all makeup enthusiasts life that you try a product and it just does not work for you, and it is such a let down and really depressing. This is one of those times. Even though I love these brands and their products these few just did happen for me. Just a little word before we begin, these are my own thoughts and feelings on these products. Just because they didn't work for me doesn't mean they won't work for you. I believe having enough information on a product before purchasing is so important, especially here in Australia where makeup cost so much more than anywhere else. So here we go.

Maybelline Brow Drama in Dark Brown.
Let me just start by saying I adore Maybelline, it's my favourite drugstore brand, they're makeup is amazing, except this (sigh). I found the Brow Drama to be really awkward to use, I felt like I ended up with more product on my skin then in my brows. This "sculpting brow mascara" dries  hard like a mascara and I know I want my brows to stay in place but I don't want them to feel or look crunchy. The wand is really awkward to use and I ended up with more product on my brows then I wanted.  I definitely prefer my other brow gels over this one. Sorry Maybelline.

Revlon Photo Ready Primer
I tried to love this guy with its promise of "Perfecting primer". This felt like silicone going onto my skin and I don't believe that it helped with the longevity of my makeup. The bottle, where to begin, even with the cap on the product dries up in the bottle and get stuck in the nozzle causing it to spit out chunks of product when you try to use the pump. So that is a major annoyance for me. I didn't love this primer, there are more better suited primers out there for me.

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Lipcolor
I will start by saying I have had these for a while and they may not even be available anymore and hopefully Revlon have changed and improved the formula. These lip colours I suppose are supposed to be like a liquid lipstick but I found that these felt really heavy and super sticky on the lips. They are for sure long wearing but after maybe an hour of wear they began to ball up and roll around on my lips. I of course had to discover this while I was at a job interview for a makeup job, not a good look. Then it just left a really hard to remove stain around the outside line of my lips only (this is where the colour stay comes in). Now I know I've had these for a while but they have been like this since I purchased them. The Colorstay Lipcolor smell and taste bad and are just uncomfortable to wear. Sorry Revlon but I really hope you've improved this one.

Again even though these products didn't work for me does not mean they won't work for you. All makeup lines will have products that just doesn't sit well with everyone. I do love both these companies and will continue to purchase products for them and hope that I do love them (which I usually do) but on the occasion that something doesn't work out then that's just unfortunate.

Please do try these products for yourself in store and make up your own mind on them but do keep in mind that they may have some drawbacks like everything out there.

I would love to know if you've tried these products and had a different outcome to me. Let me know in the comments section below.

In between blogging you can find me on Instagram and Facebook.

Until next time,

Shannon.

These thoughts and opinions are completely my own, This post is not sponsored, nor were these products provided to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment